How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34888
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I pay £300 per month and I havent seen my son since May 20

This answer was rated:

I pay £300 per month and I havent seen my son since May 2015
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow old is your son and why did contact cease?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Oliver is 14 and we are newly divosed Decree Nisi 18./09/15 at Liverpool family Courts

Do you have a reasonable good relationship with your son - is he likely to wish to spend time with you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We did have I brouht him shirts and things back from Fuerteventura and special soap for his mum it helps with her psoriasis , but he blames me for whats gone on and no I ahve not found someone else.

Do you think he is actually refusing to see you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I dont know he is special needs I have taken time to visit his school who have built up there opinion I just dont know,

He got upset when I put it on facebook fathers day that he didnt care I just dont know. I have never hit him he has had 2-3 holidays a yearI just dont know

What has his school said - and what Special Needs does he have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He has special educational needs he is about 2-3 years behind his peers and he is partially sighted.They said that I would hear off amentor they had set up for him that was prior to it going to court .

At 14 it is up to your son what time he spends with you - the Courts are unlikely to force him to have contact if he does not wish to do soThe best way forward is to arrange to discuss the matter with your ex using Family mediation and a Mediator trained to work with youngpeople so that your son's wishes can be involved in the discussion.If that is not successful then you can consider a Court Application - but you need to think about it carefully if your son is not willing to have contactPlease ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you