How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex husband lives permantly abroad in France and pays

Customer Question

My ex husband lives permantly abroad in France and pays his income tax in France
He is paid by a UK company into a UK bank but has a an NT tax code
I have been told that due to the fact he is a non uk resident not paying tax in UK that I am unable to get Money through the CSA
Is this correct?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.
HIThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.I am afraid that you it is correct that you cannot use the CSA - however you can still claim Child Maintenance - you simply have to do so via the courtsIf he does not pay you will be able to attach his earnings so that the company pay you before they pay him.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how long normally would it take to get a court order such as this ?
Can I get legal aid ?
And in the end if he still doesn't pay how do I enforce it - and again how long would this take ?
Expert:  Clare replied 2 years ago.

I am afraid that legal Aid is no longer available for these cases.

The applictaion is likely to take between three and six months - and you will be able to enforce it by getting his company to deduct the money from his wages - likely to take a further couple of months