How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I need advice on the following issue:I went to get married

Customer Question

I need advice on the following issue: I went to get married in my country, Malawi last year, 2014 in September. I live and work in the UK and came in the UK in 1993 and have indefinite leave to remain. My first wife left me after I had lost my job and tried to reconcile for 3 years it did not work. So we agreed to divorce and divorce took place in Malawi. In December, my new wife applied for visa to join me, and the visa was refused in south Africa where is the office where all the southern African countries do apply for visa for UK but she was given opportunity to appeal. We appealed in January within the minimum required period that we were given. The appeal tribunal requested the south Africa to review their original decision by 24th of June but this did not take place. After this period expired the tribunal requested the south Africa officer to submit all the documents that were used to make the original decision by 30th of July and though it was not a must, we were asked to submit the same copies by 28th of August which I did knowing that the south Africa office has not done so before after being requested. We were promised that the case would be reviewed just before or soon after August 28th. But up to now there has been no decision. I took the issue to my local MP who has been very helpful and supportive and wrote to the home office several times but up to now no response. The appeal tribunal has told me to enquire the decision will be made soon. I am sick and my GP wrote a supporting letter that I need someone to care for me as I am not well. I need help what else can I do? to who else can I write to for help before my condition gets worse? would writing to the prime minister's office of any help? All relevant papers were submitted and the appeal tribunal confirmed this in writing. what I was told is that because I chose decision to be made on paper which they said was quicker than court hearing, I do not need to know the date when the case will be reviewed and decision made. Strangely we were given the dates of just before or soon after 28th august in writing which confuses me completely. The fees was taken just a week after submitting the appeal documents. Please advise Thanks Dr Fletcher M Phiri

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there,

I can wait for another four hours from now 10:00 UK time and if you do not find someone by then please cancel the question and update me and refund the money


Dr Fletcher Phiri

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You are welcome and I look forward to it

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I believe you have failed to find someone. Please delete my question and refund my payments


Dr xxxxxxx x xxxxx