How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have a lease parking space in London, which I have

This answer was rated:

I have a lease for a parking space in London, which I have had for 15 years. The freeholders invoice twice a year for the ground rent that is due under the terms of the lease. It has just come to light that they have been invoicing an incorrect amount for the last 15 years and now wish to claim the arrears. I have checked the lease and the amounts on the lease that are due are different to those that have been paid, but as the amounts are as a direct result of their invoices, can they now claim the difference after all this time.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
They can claim the last 6 years under the limitation act 1980 but nothing more.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Even though the lease clearly states the correct amount - the fact that they have not requested it, means they can only claim back for 6 years? Is this correct?
Yes. They are limitled under the Act.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you and there is no further area of the law that gives them responsibility for having invoiced the correct amount in the first place
No. The limitation act is clear.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help
Happy to help.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you