There I had a car accident. It have been reported

Hello there
I had a car accident. It have been reported to the insurance company. Two days later I got a letter about cancelling my car insurance policy.
I would like to ask what what could happen in this situation? Can the insurance company say they do not handle my accident?
Did you not disclose it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did.
The reason for the cancelling is because they found an accident from 2011 under my fiancée's name.
When I applied for the insurance I disclose every accident which I know of, but my fiancée was in hospital at that time.
Is she an added driver?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I presume you were asked about matters relevant to her?
I realise you didn't mislead them deliberately but this wasn't disclosed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I filled the applications based on my best knowledge.One of the advisor from the insurance company told me, they are cancelling the insurance, but I will need to pay the remaining fee from the insurance because of the new accident.I perfectly happy with this, because even if not deliberately but I mislead them.
I just do not know if my claim will be handled as it should be or what could happen in this scenario.
I'm not sure what they mean.
Whichever way you look at this, it is a relevant non disclosure and they could cancel your insurance on this basis.
They do not generally do that. Usually they just levy the increased premium to cover the difference.
I'm afraid there is no defence in saying that you didn't know at the time.
In terms of your claim, they are free to dishonour it on this basis I'm afraid. Whether they will or not depends. In fact, they very rarely do completely dishonour claims. Usually they just levy the difference.
If they do then you can always complain to the Ombudsman.
Sorry if that is bad news.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please would you able to answer me a last question?At this state the accident was not my fault, but police is investigating.
I would like to be prepared, if the police say it was my fault or 50-50 can my insurance company back off and say I need to pay for the third party?
Well, as I said above, there is a risk they could dishonour the claim but often they do not. Surprisingly rarely actually.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your answers.

Have a good day