How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6464
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

Filed a claim in 2008 at Burnley County Court, I won judgement

This answer was rated:

Filed a claim in 2008 at Burnley County Court, I won judgement the defendant didn't turn up at the court, the debt was never paid is it too late to try & recover the money?
Regards *****
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. If he CCJ dates to 2008 then unfortunately it is unlikely it is enforceable due to the Limitation Act.
Under the Limitation Act judgements need to be enforced within 6 years of the date of the judgement or they are unenforceable.
I realise that this is not the answer you were hoping for but it would be unfair for me to give you false hope.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you