How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12089
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

If I let my house in Scotland holiday let and there is

This answer was rated:

If I let my house in Scotland for a holiday let and there is a dispute and the agent holding the deposit as stakeholder is an English company must the dispute go before a Scottish court or can it go befor e an English court
Thank you for your question.
It can either be in Scotland because the property is in Scotland or in the place that the defending party is based. The exception to that is if there is a contract which specifically confers jurisdiction to one or other country. In that case the court would be heard there.
Happy to discuss further.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you