How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10776
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

The Legal Aid Board have a charge on my property. My ex-husband

This answer was rated:

The Legal Aid Board have a charge on my property. My ex-husband has a 25% interest in the equity of the property via Court Order in 1995. Do I need his permission to sell?
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.
My name is ***** ***** am happy to assist you with your enquiry.
Your ex-husband should have protected his interest in the property by registering a Restriction or Notice against the title. Looking at the Official Copies, is there any Notice or Restriction in his favour shown in the Proprietorship or Charges Register?
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a copy of the Title and there do not appear to be any restrictions or notices in his name. Is there somewhere else that I should check for clarification? thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already moved once since the Court Order was made and he did sign a letter to approve the sale and purchase
Well, if there is nothing in the Title (Official Copies), then you would NOT need your ex husband's consent before you sold your property.
I hope this clarifies matters for you.
Kind Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you - this has been helpful
No worries, thank you.
If I have helped, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.
Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you