ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

Good Evening, Two years ago my partner and I bought a house

Good Evening,
Two years ago my partner and I bought a house for 128k, I paid all of the deposit (26k), I also took out a Declaration of Trust stating this which we both signed. We have since broken up and she says she wants her equity out of the house. As I understand it, because I payed the deposit and no other overpayments have been made is she entitled to do this? We have also had the house valued by a surveyor last month and the value is still 128k. I don't want to give my money to her if I don't have to.
were you married? Are there children?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, we are not married and have no children
Is your point that there is no equity?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is what my point is. All the equity is in my name as I paid the deposit. The house has also not increased in value. I'm I right in thinking because my ex partner has no equity in the property, she can't can't any equity out of the property.
That is completely right in law - if she has nothing to take out she takes out nothing. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive