ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

There I am divorcing my husband. I am the only named

hi there
I am divorcing my husband.
I am the only named owner of the house.
He has put a charge on it with the land registry.
He wants to only sell it at the higher end of the price bracket. We have had no viewings and no offers.
The estate agent has advised me to lower the price to encourage viewings and get offers in. I would accept at the lower end of the price bracket to sell.
I will share the money with him.
Can he stop me from selling it?
Technically if you are going through a divorce he can stop you from selling the property and that is the purpose of the charge. The court can however give you permission to accept an offer from a potential buyer within the process of the proceedings. Happy to discuss, please rate positive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi there

Thanks for this reply.

At the moment we have stayed within mediation and avoided court (which is the preferred option).

But presumably we would have to go to court if we could not agree within mediation on the sale of the house?

Can I rent it out if needs be or would this be a court matter like the sale?

Neither of us has income coming in and whilst he is happy to live off savings I am not. I wish to use the only asset we have to provide income for myself and our daughter so my savings are maintained. He does not.

If you can not agree on a sale then court would be the answer. You can rent the property out. Happy to discuss. Please are positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks - can I rent the property out without his approval?

Thanks for speedy reply

If it is in your name - yesPlease rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

best