How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

A family member helped me out when I moved house to store my

This answer was rated:

a family member helped me out when I moved house to store my Honda trike on his/her driveway after a few months they asked me if they could buy it off me we agreed 500 pounds at the time they did not have the money I said pay me when you can I did arrange to collect the money twice but due to illness did not collect my brother in law passed away and now his wife is refusing to pay me for the trike of which I found out she has sold the trike what can ido
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Why is she refusing please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
she has not said why she is not paying only that the money was in the wallet and that she put the wallet in the coffin
You need to think carefully, if his estate does not have any money there is no point going to Court.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at:  or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court. You need to address the claim form: To the personal representative of (Name)
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you