How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33372
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

My question is, we have been living in a property

This answer was rated:

My question is, we have been living in a property for 8.5 years. The property was built in 2004 and was a show home. It was fully furnished when we moved in. We have four children and to be honest the majority for the fixtures and fittings have now gone due to wear and tear and accidents.
Obviously we will lose our depoist, can our landlord take steps to recover loss or damages?
It rather depends upon the actual condition of the property. There is a wear and tear expectation with regard to a property - particularly after 8.5 years. A landlord can take steps to recover if there is significant damage outside the scope of wear and tear. Happy top discuss. Please rate positive.
ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your prompt reply.
There really isn't anything left. We are in negoiation with the landlord to purchase the property, however his valuation is higher than we are willing to pay at present.
We have an agreement until 07/08/16 and are willing to give a few months rent in exchange for loss of goods. Would it be worth his while to take us to court to recover loss?