Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister

My question is, we have been living in a property

My question is, we have been living in a property for 8.5 years. The property was built in 2004 and was a show home. It was fully furnished when we moved in. We have four children and to be honest the majority for the fixtures and fittings have now gone due to wear and tear and accidents.
Obviously we will lose our depoist, can our landlord take steps to recover loss or damages?
It rather depends upon the actual condition of the property. There is a wear and tear expectation with regard to a property - particularly after 8.5 years. A landlord can take steps to recover if there is significant damage outside the scope of wear and tear. Happy top discuss. Please rate positive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your prompt reply.
There really isn't anything left. We are in negoiation with the landlord to purchase the property, however his valuation is higher than we are willing to pay at present.
We have an agreement until 07/08/16 and are willing to give a few months rent in exchange for loss of goods. Would it be worth his while to take us to court to recover loss?