How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33362
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

Madam, if my customer has commissioned me to make

This answer was rated:

Dear Sir/Madam, if my customer has commissioned me to make a piece of jewellery and I have got to the point where the piece is cast and hallmarked then cancels the order, where do I stand legally? They did not pay a deposit. Yours, Mark
If they have requested that you make a specific piece of jewellery to their specification then they are liable to pay you for that piece of jewellery. You can hold them to the price agreed. If they refuse to pay then you can consider small claims proceedings. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.
ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you