ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

My neighbour is refusing to put up a Fence between us that

My neighbour is refusing to put up a Fence between us that has blown down. someone as given me a very good price and even though the Neighbour says that the Fence belongs to her I have offered to go halves, she is still not doing anything. What is more important is the Bungalow is up for Rent and is a disgrace. I really would like this resolved now but she will not talk to me. Please can you help? Pam Moore
The difficulty you have in this situation is that the law can not make someone put up a fence on their land if they refuse to do so. What you would have to do is actually put up a fence on your side of the boundary to tidy the situation up. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is not fair has they are gaining something to improve their Property but not paying anything towards it. There must be something I can do.

I absolutely agree that it is not fair - but sadly that is the position of the law in such matters. You can write to them and stress that they should be putting up a fence but in law you can not make them do it. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I wish to stop my card payment from my bank account, I will go to my Bank and ask them not to take it out anymore. Did not know it was monthly and I have not agreed in writing to continue. thanks Pam Moore