How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Can you answer a question regarding limitation I

This answer was rated:

Can you answer a question for me regarding limitation
I have been overcharged each year for the past Seven years does this mean that all the debt is time barred Or. Just the first year
Because I have refused to pay again this year I am being threatened with legal action
If they do take me to court can I make a counterclaim for the past years over charge . I.e are counterclaims also time barred
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You can claim back any overcharging up to and including 11 th October 2009
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is my understanding correct that there will be the years prior to this date that I cannot claim
Would you please clarify my situation regarding counterclaims
Could I make a claim for the full amount as a counterclaim
Counterclaim rules apply the same, the last 6 years only
Does that help?
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.