How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33362
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

My brother died in may he did not have that much money for

Customer Question

my brother died in may he did not have that much money for it to go to probate. he lived in canada for a twenty odd years. he had a private pension there, he used to get a yearly cheque from them. i have sent a notary off proof of myself to them. as he left any monies left to my wife. i had a letter from them this morning wanting proof of probate. can you tell me what i have to do please.
mr terence hartley
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 2 years ago.
Very often they will simply need a certified copy of the death certificate and the will. This will normally entitle you to find out the value of the policy. If they do need actual proof of probate then this is also straight forward. I attach herewith the form and guidance documentation. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 2 years ago.

I hope that this helps - please rate positive