How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33667
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

My son has always lived with me, he has never married and I

This answer was rated:

My son has always lived with me, he has never married and I worry that if I have to go into a home, he will lose his home to pay for my keep. Can I have my house put in his name
Yes can have the house put into his name - there are potential capital gains tax considerations - but there can be advantages in undertaking this sooner rather than later because of tapering reliefs. I would suggest you attend upon a local conveyancing solicitor who can take you through the process. It would costs about £1000.00I hope that this helps. Please rate positive.
ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you