How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I need to sell my house in London as my ex-husband wants me

Customer Question

I need to sell my house in London as my ex-husband wants me to have that rather than pay me any maintenance, and as he is not very reliable I would rather have the house. Anyhow, as my unreliable ex-husband did not register the deposit I intend first to get him to return the deposit and I will serve section 8. I/we have lived in rented accommodation ever since leaving our house in London, so it is the only property I /we own. It still has the same mortgage, albeit changed to a landlord's mortgage at the time of moving out. Am I able to use Section 8 for repossession using only Ground 1: The landlord used to live, or intends to live in the property as the landlord’s only or principal home. ?


Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't worry. I think I have found the answer online.