How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

HiI was hoping you could help or point me in the right

Customer Question

I was hoping you could help or point me in the right direction.
I am an independent record lable who released a song in March 2014 called 'Ishq Da Rogh' via an online music distributor called Ditto Music.
This song was aired on the BBC Asian network charts for over 20 weeks and was on the HMV/7DIGITAL charts.
I was made aware of the above by fans and people who have purchased my release.
Up until today I have not received any revenue from HMV or 7DIGITAL.
I contacted my music distributor on many occasions requesting a sales report from the 2 stores above however they always claimed that nothing was received from the 2 companies above.
I then contacted the companies myself and was informed that sales reports were sent to Ditto Music and they cannot discuss anything with me as there agreement is with Ditto and not me.
When Ditto found out they cancelled my subscription and said I was in breach of my contract, My songs are still online however they refuse to speak to me or pay me.
Can you please help
Thank You
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello I dont want to sound rude but you have not really helped me.
I do not know the figure/amount I am chasing however im sure its in the region of 800 - 1000 as my song was in the BBC Asian networks chart for over 22 weeks and in order for it to be in the charts sales would have been generated.
What I was hoping from this service was to speak to someone who has experience with music law.
The Distributor has my money as confirmed by 7digital company.
But the distributor does not respond.
Thank You
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Are you wanted us to act for you? If so we can't do that as its a question and answer site. I can tell you what to do but can't send letters or act for you.
What else is it you would like to know and I will do my best to help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You have told me what I already know
This service has been of no help.
Please refund me asap
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
I am keen to help you and make you happy.
What else is it you would like to know bearing in mind this is a question and answer site?