How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33517
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now
This answer was rated:

Hiya Im Jessie Hargitay.Im from Philippines. I married to Hungarian

man for 2 years and... Show More
man for 2 years and 5 months. I been here since jan.2013 and married on may 2013. My husband ask me to leave the house. If I leave the house whats gonna happen to my visa and does he have right to cancell my visa? Thank you very much
Show Less
Ask Your Own Law Question
What type of visa do you have at present.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.


My visa i have Residence Card of an EEA National

He does not have the power to cancel the visa although he can write to the Home Office and advise that the relationship has ended. The residence card lasts for 5 years in any event. Even if you do divorce you may have an interest in the property and I would suggest that you may wish to speak to a solicitor face to grace prior to moving out if that is your intention. When it comes to a divorce settlement I always think it is better where possible to stay in the property whilst matters are ongoing. Happy to discuss - please rate positive.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

But he is the one wants me to leave the house

I see. That was not clear - he is entitled to leave the property - can you afford to maintain the monthly payments?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

He is the one who renting the house. Hes only in agreement

I see - he is allowed to do this if you are splitting up
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Ah ok i share every month. I give money to him every month

do you want to stay there
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

I can't stay here coz he asking me to leave. The thing that i worried is my status of my visa if i move out and leave him

it will remain valid for the full 5 years
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

So after 5 years can i apply ILR

yes - after 5 years you can apply for a permanent residence card
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Can i apply british citizen

Well you would be applying after 5 years for this - yes