How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Im from Canada and Ive travelled to UK in June to meet a girl I met online. She tol

This answer was rated:

Hello Im from Canada and Ive travelled to UK in June to meet a girl I met online. She told me she was 16 and legal which I questioned because it's 18. I just went with it and that was my biggest mistake of my life. We shared some prohibited pictures and when I was sent to jail for three days with caution. Im on my way becoming a dentist in Canada and DBS sent me a letter last week they intent to include me on their list til I make my representation. I've talked to my lawyer here in canada and he told me I should find a lawyer in UK instead to handle this matter.
I really want to get this thing behind me.. What can I do? It's the most stupid mistake I've ever made in my life and I'll regret it til end of my life
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
When you say you spent 3 days in jail with a caution, that can't be right.
Did you go to court and what is the exact sentence you got?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was put in jail for three days and they told me as long as I admit what I did they will give me caution and deport me back to Canada. I accepted it. I got my fingerprint done and recorded my responses in a room. I just got my police certificate from UK and it says "caution" under my record
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did not go to a court and that was their offer..
Ok. A caution. I assume therefore you accepted the offence ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's bad news I am afraid, if you accept the caution then it's valid showing its on your check. There is no way of getting out of it. You did it and by accepting a caution you accepted the offence.
As for being on the list you can make representations. You will need a solicitor to write and set out your position. The DBS people will want to make sure you are not a risk to vulnerable people and children. Representations should be focused on this - to say why you are not a danger.
Can I clarify angling for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there wasnt much of a choice for me that time. Until I found out recently the magnitude of what it means to be under caution.
So there is no real way of getting rid of caution?
will the 'caution' intel be shared by UK and Canada?
yes can you clarify the details?I've contacted several firms regarding this matter and two replied back so far.1. A written advice;
2. Written representations to the DBS; and
3. A written report by a QC (the highest level of legal expertise that is available in the UK) to the Canadian authorities.the other firm just the representation.first firm charges way more than second and I was wondering if you can give me better angling/suggestionsThank you
You need written reps to the DBS - that's it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No way for me to overturn the caution?
Could you provide the same service? At how much?
No way whatsoever to overturn a caution.
Sadly I can't do the service for you, its against site rules.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you