How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Money from the sale of the grandmothers house has been left

This answer was rated:

money from the sale of the grandmothers house has been left in trust to 3 grandchildren, they cannot have the money until she dies but they can invest it. They plan to buy a house to rent, can the trust money be used for fees such as estate agents, solicitor's and surveyor's ? She is in a nursing home and the rent will pay for her care if her own money runs out.

Yes, trust provisions should allow for professional fees for a house purchase in the same way that a financial adviser would be entitled to fees for setting up paper investments. Happy to discuss. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I'm credited for my time.
JGM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you