How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33376
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I made a false statement on registration of my son's birth in September 2012. I sa

Customer Question

hi I made a false statement on registration of my son's birth in September 2012. I said I wasn't married to the father as he was accusing me of affairs and son wasn't his. dv was involved inform of emotional abuse. he was reported initially and has been recorded with my gp. since then we have been to court and an order granted to enter his details and surname on b. certificate.
the paper work has been submitted to the gro office and now I am getting harassed to change my son's forenames.
or being threatened by him with court Action against. as I'm trying to get him to stick to the order as regards ***** ***** as we have tried to reconcile numerous times but I can no longer deal with the abuse and emotional control anymore. we live 200 miles apart and he has alert are weekends and holidays are supposed to be shared. where do I stand ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 2 years ago.
I see. The fact that you made a false statement originally does not mean that he i allowed to continue to treat you in a controlling and inappropriate fashion. I would have suggested that you speak with Women's Aid but I see that you are already doing this. If the contact arrangements are not working then the reality of the situation is that you will need through court to amend or vary the original arrangements. The key is for the child and you to be safe. There are books on amazon about how to represent yourself in the family court - but I would be minded to make an application to the court ( you need to consider mediation - MIAM) for a child arrangement order - happy to discuss. Please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am aware of that but am concerned about the birth certificate as he. is harassing me to change forenames. he is also going on about perjury.... that is my worry at the moments and threats to gain full residency . the response seems general.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
everyone that I have spoken to have said mediation is no suitable because of dv . I have been to relate they have said the same thing.
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 2 years ago.
I do not think this is a case for mediation - but I have to mention it as they are the rules. The fact that you lied on the birth certificate is in my view done - it has passed - you made a mistake. IT does not give him any extra rights and is not something the court will give a lot of weight to - you do not have to change the first names and you have not stated anything which would suggest that the child would live with the father - the fact is that if there are problems then it is a matter for a child arrangement order to resolve the issue of contact. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the child lives with me. he had alternate weekends and holidays shared equally. neither of us stuck to the order. there was a sick month window to take it back to court . that has now passed. on what grounds can he get residency as we are 200 miles apart. my son has been offered a place in state nursery and will be starting shortly. we had numerous reconciliations over the six months I had enough and took an over dose. I have logged it with the gp social services aren't taking any action as I am seeking counselling and support from women's aid. can previous information from the old hearings be brought up in a new arrangement order?
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 2 years ago.
I do not see from what you have written merit in his application to change where the child lives. Previous proceedings can be brought up - but the court will be interested in what is happening now. Please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
previously he alleged I made false text messages up and threatened me social services would take my son away . I am totally broken down with the whole situation . if I don't agree he continues to harassist and not let me break away from this relationship. I feel desparate
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 2 years ago.
I feel as if he is continuing to bully you - I would be minded to seek help from a women's aid support - you are not doing anything wrong -
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 2 years ago.
I hope that this helps. Please rate positive