How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71147
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

A parent at school is accusing another parent at school of

This answer was rated:

A parent at school is accusing another parent at school of harassment, she has named me (un be known to me) in her statement to the police of saying something (that is derogatory to the other parent) that is not true...I haven't been contacted by the police to verify this as yet..will they contact me?? .is she allowed to put my name in a statement without my say so?.....
I feel I have been brought into their stupid disagreement unjustly..and I am quite frustrated about this...
What do I or what can I do.....?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Sorry but I'm not clear what she has said about you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Basically to build her case against this man she has said in her statement that I told her the man in question. Grabbed my bottom!...which is not true...
If the police were taking her allegations seriously surely they would need to contact me to confirm this
No, not necessarily.
They could proceed on her evidence alone.
They won't be taking this twaddle seriously but that doesn't mean they are allowed to refuse to investigate.
If it isn't true then just make a statement to that effect.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you