How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My previous landlord has made a money claim via the court

This answer was rated:

My previous landlord has made a money claim via the court for rent owed. I responded to admit to part of the amount she suggested was due. I now have had a photocopied one page document from the landlord to say that she accepts the reduced figure however
wants it pais in 2 installments of £800 a month. I have included an I & E as part of the form I replied to and sent into the court which clearly demonstrates that this figure is frankly ridiculous - in fact the figure is greater than I have coming in each
month. I had offered to pay £100 and demonstrated that this was the maximum I could do by detailing all my incomings and outgoings. I can't see a way to attach a copy of the form I have just been sent sadly. Please can you advise what my options are and if
there are any offical forms / replies that would apply in this circumstance. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Found a way to add an attachment! Attached is the form I received back.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
The Court will set a payment amount. If you disagree with the payment amount you can apply to a Judge to have it varied.
But that is what you need to do. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no hearing date or anything just the attached so should I write to the court again?
Yes. Otherwise you need to make a formal application using form N244:
Can I clarify anything else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry just to clarify I need to either write a note to the court to say that I've received the attached document but to remind them of my I and E and my capacity to payOrTo make my own application?Which would you suggest?
Write first and then if that does not resolve it, make an application.
Does that clarify?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you