How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33517
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

My 18 year old niece wishes to spend a gap year in England--she

This answer was rated:

My 18 year old niece wishes to spend a gap year in England--she is Australian, and wonders whether there would be restrictions on her seeking work, e.g., as a waitress, while she is in the UK.
She would be able to apply for a tier 5 youth mobility scheme visa. This is basically for young people who want to live, work and travel to the UK for a period of up to 2 years. She would be eligible because she is Australian. She must also have the funds to support themselves when they arrive in the UK. Visa holders are allowed to stay in the United Kingdom for up to two years and can work for the full two-year period. There are no restrictions on the kind of work that visa holders can undertake, except that they cannot set up their own business, work in professional sports, or work as a trainee doctor. I hope that this helps. Please rate positive.
ivorylounge and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you