How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33524
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I have been diagnose with depression by private

This answer was rated:

i have been diagnose with depression by private psychiatrist, i have been keeping and teach with GP about my mental health 6 years now , because of the problems with my mother in low she was harassing me for 6 years can i take her to court to pay me recover
my self and get therapy for her damage. what can i do ?
I am afraid not - it may seem remarkable unfair but we can not bring such claims - it is against public policy to bring a claim for these types of damages. Happy to discuss but please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can I take her to the court for harassment ?
In what context
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i do not know , why we take people to the court if they harass others ? i want punishment for destroy my life ,
Again I am not convinced that you would be entitled to seek compensation - if there is ongoing harassment which you can prove then you maybe able to bring a claim for a non molestation order - this would simply prevent her from contacting you - happy to discuss but please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what you mean "rate positive " I'm pressed the stars all the time
It has not come up that the stars have been pressed - can you try again - thanks
ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so when we are entitled to seek compensation ?she stop harassing me ,
You will not be entitled from what you have written to compensation but if she continues to harass you can seek a non molestation to prevent her from contacting you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok I'm confuse because I find this on web side :When can you take civil court action about harassment?If you’ve been the victim of harassment you can take action in the civil courts against the person harassing you. You need to make your claim within six years of when the harassment happened.You can still take civil court action even if the person harassing you hasn’t been found guilty of a criminal offence.What can the court do if you take civil action about harassment?The court can make an order or injunction that the person harassing you must stop their behaviour. If they don’t stop harassing you after the court has made an injunction against them, it's a criminal offence and they can be prosecuted in the criminal courts.You can also ask the court for compensation if you’ve suffered financial or emotional loss - for example, if the harassment has made you feel very anxious or distressed.If you’re thinking about taking court action, you should get advice from an experienced adviser - for example, at a Citizens Advice Bureau.
Not in these types of matters - you can seek compensation in employment matters - but not between mother and a daughter