How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Which court and procedure do I use of character,disclosure

This answer was rated:

which court and procedure do I use for defamation of character,disclosure of evidence, and breech of human rights 1998 act articles 6,7,9,10 and 14
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
It would be the High Court. You would use forms N1:
But for defamation it MUST be issued in the High Court.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I was informed that I could use small, or county court by C.A.B.

what would be the costs as I am on pension credit, and don't have a money tree in the back garden !

No. Not for Defamation or Human Rights Act matters. Its £280 to issue a claim
Its only High Court.
Does that clarify?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.


Thanks for the reply , my nearest court is Yeovil, do I have to have to have a barrister, solicitor or can I represent myself in the high court.

As of limited means can I get financial help with costs

i.e. a organisation that would help(pro bono), legal aid, or dispensation because of my low income. any advice you can offer would be very much appreciated

No you can represent yourself. You could try Bar Pro Bono:
Does that help?
You have rated poor service despite me giving you the correct forms to use, court procedure and Bar Pro Bono.
What else do you want to know?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.