Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister

I sent a shipment of personal items from Warsaw (Poland)

Hi, I sent a shipment of personal items from Warsaw (Poland) to Bournemouth 2 years ago by road with a moving company (MoveOne). Part of the shipment contained one large suitcase (about 25kg) containing old, irreplacable photographs - it was never delivered. My mother-in-law, who does not speak English, signed the delivery form in my name without my authority and without knowing what she was doing. It was never explained to her that items had to checked or counted etc.
For the last 2 years I have been trying to find the suitcase, or at least receive some compensation from MoveOne. The lost photographs have almost cost me my marriage. MoveOne does not want to know. I can prove I wasn't even in the country when the shipping document was signed. I strongly suspect that instead of going back, the case was just thrown away when the courier driver later realised he had not delivered it.
I am really frustrated with MoveOne's attitude, as they have made no effort, not even to refund the cost of the shipment as a gesture of goodwill. The photos represent the first 18 years of my wife's life in ex-Soviet Central Asia. They are irreplacable and she is heart-broken.
where are move one based?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Head Office in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
Ok - that is going to make it both difficult and expensive for you to issue court proceedings. What does the contract state as being the country for where the contract is based? UK or UAE?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Contract actually states a Polish address, as that's where the shipment originated i.e in Warsaw via their Polish office
I see - my concern here is should you take legal action however you would recover any debt and also whether the claim should be brought in the UK, Poland or UAE.