How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukfamilysolicitor Your Own Question
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1432
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukfamilysolicitor is online now
This answer was rated:

What form number (think it begins with N ) do i need to add

second claimant and is there... Show More
second claimant and is there a different form to "amend particulars of claim " -i was given permission by judge to do this
Show Less
Ask Your Own Law Question
Welcome to Just Answer
I am a Solicitor and will assist you.
Practice Direction 19 A of the Civil Procedure Rules deals with the Addition and Substitution of Parties within Proceedings.
This can be found here:
If the court didn't make an actual order that the party was added but just gave you permission to make the application - then Paragraph 2.1 will apply.
This being:
1) Application Notice - This is Form N244 -
2) the proposed amended claim form and particulars of claim, and
3) the signed, written consent of the new claimant to be so added or substituted.
Practice Direction 17 deals with Amending of your Statement of Case.
Basically from your current particulars of claim- you need to:
- You must strike through anything you are changing on the original claim in RED
- The new amendments in the statement must be in RED/underlines in RED (this being the additional claimant details)
- The new statement should be titled ' Amended Particulars of Claim/Defence under CPR rule 17.1(2)b dated ......
attach the proposed amended statement of case to the N244
You need to send three copies of everything.
The current fee is £155 - this being the fee for an application on notice where no other fee is specified.
Kind Regards
Positive feedback is gratefully received.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Thank you - so to clarify just one form N244 but to it must also be attached the amended particulars of case ( basically adding in red underlined in red) the extra name of the claimant as everything else regarding the specifics has stayed the same ?
Yes this is correct - but send three copies of all to court ( n244, amended particulars, signed consent) as one is for court, one for respondent and one for you.
Kind Regards
Positive feedback is gratefully received.
please kindly remember to rate positively