How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35068
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I live in a flat which is my main residence, but I bought it

This answer was rated:

I live in a flat which is my main residence, but I bought it with my sister who has not lived here since her marriage 22 years ago. The flat was recently valued at £235,000. I was first told that if we sold it her share would be subject to CGT. But then someone else said that properties under £350,000 are not subject to CGT. Can you please clarify this?
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youI am afraid that you are correct and the other person is not.Your sister will indeed have to pay CGT on her share of the property if it is soldPlease ask if you need further detailsClare
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you