How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I would like to know if i can take someone to court

This answer was rated:

hello, i would like to know if i can take someone to court for discrimination. and what evidence i would need to provide. what are the grounds that i would have to meet.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Please can you describe the situation in more detail? In what way do you think you have been discriminated against?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my partner's ex wife was told that i have had more children than the one that is living with me back in may 2013 and stopped me from seeing his 2 boys. she has spent these last 2 years trying to hunt out information both online and with the police and social services about me and my other children and although i have given her the reason why they don't live with me. this being that they were very young when i had a car crash in 2010 in which i broke my neck and had to stay in hospital for a year to recover as much as i could. so my children went to live with their father. she has spead it around that i am some sort of risk to her children and wont even let them see me even in a contact centre with their father my partner. she has lied to my partners family and has got them to give her any information they have about me and have turned them against me. i can no longer go to my local church as she goes there, nor can i go to my partners church as it was his vicar she called and got to tell her about my other kids in the first place. Both her and this vicar say that they were acting under the safeguarding of children act but i have looked this up and it says that the vicar should of done to the local authority not the ex wife. i am sick of feeling like i can't do out because of people thinking that i am a child abuser. i have never met this woman nor had a direct conversation with her. i can not give her details of my children or their father as they are nothing to do with her and would never be meeting her 2 children as i no longer have any contact with them. please what can i do about this??
HI this is not my area so I will opt out for others to answer.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Have you reported this to the Police please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I haven't reported it to the police.
Are they your kids?
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No they are my partner's kids. She is not allowing me to see because of the fact that I have had children and they don't live with me. I won't tell her their details so she has spent over 2 years making our lives unbearable.
Ok. To take someone to Court for discrimination you would need to complete form N1:
The Court form would be sent to the Defendant and they could defend it. The court will set the matter down for a hearing and decide what compensation to give you.
You would need evidence of the discrimination and witnesses where appropriate.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?