How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I was a tenant I was living in London as

This answer was rated:

I was a tenant for while I was living in London as an international student. My tenancy ended in September and I moved out on the same day. I actually moved back to my home country that day as well. Anyway it's been a month now and my landlord hasnt sent me my inventory report or my security deposit. I have sent multiple emails but he keeps ignoring me. Today I sent an email to his company giving them a deadline to reply. The thing is I dont know what to do if they decide not to. What are my rights? I paid my rent in full and I didnt do any serious damages to the flat. I fear that they're taking advantage of me being an international student and they want to frustrate me enough so that I let go of my deposit. Please help me
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I do this all while I'm overseas or will I have to travel to London?
Yes of course
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I'll wait until the end of the deadline I have already given them to start taking the steps you've advised. Thanks again!
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.