How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6428
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

I have county courted a company that owes my company money

This answer was rated:

I have county courted a company that owes my company money but instead of company name i have put the papers in my personal name as i am a director.
Is this ok or do i have to change to company name.
Tony Kendall
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
The claim will fail unless the parties are correct. Due to privity of contract it should be your company name rather than your own name if the contract was with your company and not you personally.
I would suggest you make an application to amend the names of the party on the claim form.
If you have any further questions please do ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.
Jenny and other Law Specialists are ready to help you