How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Which court do I go to in order to enforce a power of sale

This answer was rated:

Which court do I go to in order to enforce a power of sale In respect of a property in Preston , Lancs?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am owed approx £100k secured against a freehold property.
The debtor is not able to pay and will not contest my claim. Which court should I put my claim in and obtain a power of sale which is in the security documentation. The property is located in the post code for Preston, Lancs.
Have you got a charging order.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What's a charging order?
Court charging order securing the debt
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How did you get security on the property?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thru security doc which contains a power of sale in the event of a breach not remedied as is the case here.
All properly drawn up by a solicitor and signed by the debtor in front of a solicitor
Ok. In that case you need to apply to the Court. You would need forms N208:
You would also need form N244, to show this is an application:
The Court will set the matter down and decide whether to make an order.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Which court where?
You can do it at your local county court but it will be transferred to the local county court of where the property is based.
Does that help?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.