How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I was a defendant in county court and had judgement against

This answer was rated:

I was a defendant in county court and had judgement against me
I sent cheques to cover payment to plaintiff solicitors
They eventually rejected the cheques as one was in my mums name
This took it over the 30 days
They gave me new bank details and I sent payment electronically
I took all reasonable steps to pay before 30 days
Can I apply using n244 to have judgement removed from records
What are my chances of success
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have they refused to say it was paid within the 30 days please? Would they agree that it could be set aside?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The plaintiffs solicitor just state that they received the cheques but the bacs payment was a few days after
Ok. Then you should see if they will consent to it being set aside. If not you need to make a formal application using form N244:
You are seeking that the CCJ be cancelled. its not your fault they rejected the cheque, attempted payments were made.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I write to plaintiffs solicitors are they able to set it aside or do I still need to apply to the court
If solicitors refuse
Do you think the courts are likely to set it aside
How difficult is it to fill in the n244 form
Does it have to be done with legal terms
Ask if they agree and if they do you still apply to court but no need for a hearing.
N 244 isn't hard, you hand the form in to court, pay a fee and it's referred to a judge.
Does that help?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.