How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Have paid deposit to ***** next June, we have

This answer was rated:

Have paid deposit to ***** ***** for cruise next June, we have never been shown booking conditions as booked over phone.
Are they within their rights to retain the full amount of deposit
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Why do you want to cancel?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Since having paid deposit my heart isn't responding to pacemaker as well as it was and can no longer work the hours that I did, so financially can not afford to go.As the holiday isn't till next June thought that at least some of deposit would be returned
You may be able to cancel if and only if they didn't say you were bound by their terms or you would lose the deposit.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you