How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49789
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have a meeting with my boss and two work col in the moring

This answer was rated:

i have a meeting with my boss and two work col in the moring as tou see i cant spell very good but bacic i have been sige of work with stres boss wants a meeting were do i stand if i think its not good engh
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What is the meeting for specifically and what are you referring to when you say it may not be good enough?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i know the two people will stick togerth i what to know if the out come is not god enough can i aks my boss to make me rednned as i know they will still pick on me as soon as boss out the way

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

for ben jones these two have lie so much i cant see anyway my boss can inforse them not pick at me and i want to know if i can get my boss to make me redunant as i dont think i will be able to work in this place with them do i have any rights

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ben joans for makeing me have a break down to see if the boss cant sort it out bacie i have been acusted of speadind remores but the will not linen ehen i say i did not and when i walk in the room they text each other then one comes in and say come down with me leaveing me to do all the work its been going on for 8 weeks and i brock down on fri dr has siged me of went saw boss who said just leave it they will get broad i said no .so they said we all get togeth at work to mor ie mon to srot it but i know they will lie as its them over me and going back to work is already streeing me out and iv not even got thre yet

Hi there, the employer cannot make you redundant if no redundancy situation exists and this is not a redundancy situation you are facing. They may want to try and remove you in the future as you may suspect but they will have to justify it and show it was for a fair reason. It may be down to redundancy but you do not know that yet. Any other reasons would generally be due to misconduct or capability but with such long service it has to be something very serious for them to be able to dismiss you and in the circumstances I don’t think they will have enough.
Of course there is nothing stopping you from asking them to come to an agreement with you over letting you go in return for a payment to you. You would approach the employer on a 'without prejudice' basis (i.e. off the record) to try and discuss the possibility of leaving under a settlement agreement. Under a settlement agreement, the employee gets compensated for leaving the company and in return promises not to make any claims against the employer in the future. It is essentially a clean break, although the employer does not have to agree to it so it will be subject to negotiation. In any event, there is nothing to lose by raising this possibility with them because you cannot be treated detrimentally for suggesting it and it would not be used against you.
If they do not want to allow you to leave in that way then you will have to consider your options. You could stay there and see how far they take it, defending yourself with any action they take. Or you could consider resigning now and claiming constructive dismissal, which is where you say that you were basically forced out and had no other option but to resign. However this is not an easy claim to make so only go down that route if you really feel you cannot continue working there any longer.
Kat any point you also have the right to raise a formal complaint against those who you feel are making life difficult for you. This is done through a formal grievance so ask your employer how you would be expected to raise a grievance with them and follow that procedure.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Ben Jones and other Law Specialists are ready to help you