ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

My cousin has just lost her partner. He was 80 & she is

Hi, My cousin has just lost her partner. He was 80 & she is 83. They had lived together for 36 years. What advice would you give her as she cannot find the will. He only changed it a couple of months ago. He wouldn't tell her which solicitor he went to. His son was his next of kin and he thinks my cousin hasn't any rights what so ever.
There are a number of places you can check to find the will of someone who has died. You should check:the person’s paperwork at homewith their solicitor (this should also involve phoning all of the local solicitors)with their bankcompanies that offer the storage of wills - you can search onlinethe London Probate DepartmentHappy to discuss - but please rate positive