ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

I am having trouble logging into my old account - I sent you a message 15 minutes ago.I no

I am having trouble logging into my old account - I sent you a message 15 minutes ago.I now have aGeneral Form of Judgement agianst me for >£10k and wandering if their are any grounds to appeal .
Also not sure how to log on to my account!
How was this obtained?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

At the county court

Did you file a defence? Did you receive the particulars of claim? Do you have a defence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I inadvertently missed the court proceedings by 1/2 an hour.

I had previously submitted a statement questioning the competance of the landlords and their agents in allowing thier tenant to accrue an arrears of 12 months rent without taking action earlier.

On the basis that you filed your defence late you would need to apply to the court both to set aside the judgment and seek a relief from sanctions so that you can deal with the matter - you would need to use a form N244 for such an application. Happy to discuss but please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks - I will.

In your opinion is it worth engaging an lawyer - £200-300/hour or will it be just ading to my substantial costs

I think you should be able to get one cheaper - but I would always recommend getting a solicitor. Please rate positive