How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33524
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I am having trouble logging into my old account - I sent you a message 15 minutes ago.I no

This answer was rated:

I am having trouble logging into my old account - I sent you a message 15 minutes ago.I now have aGeneral Form of Judgement agianst me for >£10k and wandering if their are any grounds to appeal .
Also not sure how to log on to my account!
How was this obtained?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

At the county court

Did you file a defence? Did you receive the particulars of claim? Do you have a defence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I inadvertently missed the court proceedings by 1/2 an hour.

I had previously submitted a statement questioning the competance of the landlords and their agents in allowing thier tenant to accrue an arrears of 12 months rent without taking action earlier.

On the basis that you filed your defence late you would need to apply to the court both to set aside the judgment and seek a relief from sanctions so that you can deal with the matter - you would need to use a form N244 for such an application. Happy to discuss but please rate positive
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks - I will.

In your opinion is it worth engaging an lawyer - £200-300/hour or will it be just ading to my substantial costs

I think you should be able to get one cheaper - but I would always recommend getting a solicitor. Please rate positive
ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you