How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10973
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

If granted a partial tourist visa months. Once in the

Customer Question

If granted a partial tourist visa for 3 months. Once in the uk can I get an extension for a longer tourist visa. Country of origin is the phillipines
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. Yes, once you are in the UK, you can extend your 3 month tourist visa to six months. However, once six months is up, you will need to leave the UK and apply again for a fresh tourist visa if you want to stay longer in the UK. Six months is the maximum stay allowed on a tourist visa. here is a link to the UK Government website which explains how to apply and the fee applicable