How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

If I have a friend move into my house which I am paying a Morgage

This answer was rated:

If I have a friend move into my house which I am paying a Morgage on & I moved in with my partner if she only pays the bills & her poll tax & I pay the Morgage does this effect my tax or do I need to declare anything to tax office
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Are you saying you are renting the house out to your friend now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No not renting she will only pay gas elec water poll tax I will continue to pay Morgage & house insurgence as she is doing me the favour by looking after the house as I've had it on market for 3 years & I am now taking it off the market so just need some one to keep house warm & lived in
Ok. Then you dont need to do anything with HMRC. Its only if you are making any form of profit or renting it would you need to tell the tax office.
If all they are doing is taking care of the property you dont need to take any action.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If my partner is self employed & has a child to a previous relation ship are my wages taken in to CSA or into his tax
I can't tell you about CSA as I am not a family lawyer, as this was a property question. But for tax, no, your earnings are separate.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much. Can I finish my free trial before I have to pay any more money thank you again
Yes if I could ask you to contact customer services to end your trial.
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What's customer services number
You can email:***@******.***
But please remember to rate!
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks again