How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have daughters with different mothers .the youngest who

This answer was rated:

Hi I have daughters with different mothers .the youngest who lived with me and her mother in Bolton who following a relationship breakdown moved out at the end of August .the eldest lives with her mother in Bristol .
I have been travelling down to Bristol for many years now so that Ivan see my daughter and the girls can see each other .the mothers of both daughters have never had a problem with until recently me and the mother in Bristol have started a relationship again .
This has resulted in the mother of the youngest daughter preventing her coming with me stopping her having contact with her sister .
The reason she has given is that she doesn't like my new partner .
Can she legally do this and what can I do to resolve this situation .
I look forward to hearing from you
Mr kelvin Taylor
HiThank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow old are the children and are you still having ocntact with the youngest child?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The oldest is 19 and the youngest is 9 nearly 10
The only time that I see the youngest is when her mother is working late on Tuesday nights and every other two weeks on Friday nights and Saturdays again when her mother is working .and recently for three days when her mother was away with friends
HiSo you have her alternate weekends from Friday to Sunday is that correct
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No two weekends following each other Friday night and Saturday day
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I see her for Friday night Saturday day for 2 following weeks and don't see her for 2 weeks other than a few hours on Tuesday nights
Sorry - so two weeks on two weeks off 9apart from Tuesdays)Would you prefer alternate weekends
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would prefer that but would also like to know if she can stop me from taking her to see her sister in Bristol
Are you named on the Birth Certificate?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is this important .i have just asked h34 mother by text and she told me not to take the piss
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes my name is ***** ***** birth certificate .
ExcellentThen you have Parental Responsibility for the child and can decide what you do with her provided you do not endanger her in any wayIf your ex tries to prevent you from taking the child to Bristol to see your new partner (and her sister) then you may have to apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order which can be enforced.You should try and discuss matters with your ex using Family hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further detailsClare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much this has helped me a lot
You are most welcome I hope all goes well
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you