How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33528
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

Am taking First Utility to the Small Claims Court Claim number

This answer was rated:

Am taking First Utility to the Small Claims Court Claim number B4QZ7E2A for a total of £89.82p and a court fee of £25.00 Total of £114.82 My invoice was made up of £39.82 credit to my account Dual/fuel not paid on the due date owed from First Utility payment date 19th October2015 due to having moved to Sainsbury Energy from First Utility and £50 for my costs, letter phone calls, recorded next day delivery of documents. Payment to First Utility was by Direct Debit from my bank account. No payments were missed during our contract
They have to-day 27th October paid the £39.82 into my bank account. Should I ask my bank to send it back to First Direct or what do you recommend.
Many thanks.
George McLaren-Brown
There is no reason why you can not keep the money sent as long as the sum is not in final settlement but simply part of the debt. You can continue the case to the actual final hearing in this matter. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.
ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you