How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71048
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I work TV company driving a Luton van to France

This answer was rated:

hello I work for a TV company driving a Luton van to France and back to London with goods brought for the show by contestants for resale on the uk
can you tell me 1 are we limited to 60mph on motorways in a 3.5ton and also do we need the CPC to drive like this?
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
Sorry for the delay.
If your laden weight is over 2 tonnes but under 7.5 tonnes then you are limited to 60 mph on dual carriageways but not on motorways.
You do need the CPC though if you are driving in the course of your paid employment and this is a goods vehicle.
Can I clarify anything for you?
Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey jo, thank you,
When is it classed as a goods vehicle?
We drive to France in a hired Luton 3.5 ton and pick up the items to then be sold in the UK as part of the show?
Also as we are driving as per a job that requires a lot of driving should we have tac graphs in place?
You will find a very helpful site here
but a goods vehicle is defined as any vehicle constructed or adapted for the carriage of goods.
Tac graphs arise in limited circumstances. You will find the test here
You are not covered by EU rules. BUT you don't fall within the exemptions so it seems to me that you probably should have tac graphs but see whether the exemptions apply to you.