How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 33534
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

Ho I've been married years to an egyptian we lived in

This answer was rated:

Ho I've been married for 25 years to an egyptian we lived in the uk most of that time, he revelled the world with his job while i gave up a career in hospitality to raise three children , he took on two of mine from an early age. he has a british passport from being married to me has travelled the world with work and now for pleasure alone! while i raise the children , we moved to egypt but i could not stay there because so controlled he turned a house we owned into a restaurant and then sold it, he has rented a home in uk for myself and children but lives a free life in egypt traveling around art will he has no informed me that he no longer wants me so he thinks it better to rent a smaller house, and he will visit at will? this situation has been on going since he left me in 2005 ? what do i do
do you want to get a divorce?
ivorylounge and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No If i divorce him i loose rights to everything

What do you want to achieve
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can he actually do what he is doing? he has control of all money property in egypt and is saying that no money transfers can be made due to government ? i need a house back here maintenance for children 16 and 24 and myself spousal maintenance he ows me a house back in uk as he used mune to support restaurant in egypt

Unless you seek divorce it is a matter of negotiation with your husband to sort out a package which you are both happy with or indeed a way of life
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If i divorce him hell marry again which would be detrimental to my childrens inheritance let alone anything els? could i seek a legal rep to instruct payments etc?

This is why it is in your interests to employ a solicitor to investigate the assets