UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I got married on 08/12/2010. My wife is EEA NATIONAL. I was

I got married on 08/12/2010. My wife is EEA NATIONAL. I was over stay before my marriage, but I obtained COA (certificate of approval) from home office before marriage. I couldn't apply for my visa due to lack of documents and home took more then one year
to make a decision which they refused and I appeal and got my visa through court in sep 2013 Now since my marriage coming to 5 years on 08/12/15 can I apply for indifnite or do I need to wait until set 2018 once my current visa runs out. We are still happily
toghter and both are working and living in UK.
You may apply for permanent residency after 5 years in the UK as a married partner of an EEA national. So you do not need to wait until 2018 and may apply this year.
See here for the application process
https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card/permanent-residence-card
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could you please tell me what documents do I need?
Also can I send it my self of its better to hire a lawyer?
The documents required are listed in section 18 on pages 79 -81 of the application form, see here
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/445508/EEA_PR__07-15.pdf
You may apply yourself if you are able to do so and do not really need a lawyer unless you require help with the application.
All the best