How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49786
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I have had the turbo replaced on my car under warranty. After

This answer was rated:

I have had the turbo replaced on my car under warranty. After 6 weeks and no longer under warranty the same thing has happened again. They replaced the turbo but not the thing that caused the turbo to break. They now say I have to pay fpr this repair.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Did they identify at the time what caused the turbo to break?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

An injector bracket broke and the injector popped out. An AA man did a temporary repair Which the garage was made aware of but they classed it as a permanent repair.I asked about this when I picked up the car.

Have you checked the terms of the warranty to see if for example you could not have used another mechanic to do these repairs and what they say about temporary or permanent repairs?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

is there a phone number i can ring you on or could you ring me on *********** /p>

Sorry I am in court today so phone service is not available
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have just had a phone call from motor codes. They have been in touch with the garage who say that the injector has nothing to do with the turbo but if I want an engineers report they have given me 2 telephone numbers.

Whilst you cannot force them to undertake the necessary re[airs, if you believe that they should have and now need the car fixed, you could consider getting them done elsewhere and pursuing the seller for these costs. Whenever a dispute arises over money owed by one party to another, the debtor can be pursued through the civil courts for recovery of the debt. As legal action should always be seen as a last resort, there are certain actions that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without having to involve the courts. It is recommended that the process follows these steps: {C}a) Reminder letter – if no reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the debtor to voluntarily pay what is due.{C}b) Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but these have been ignored, the debtor must be sent a formal letter asking them to repay the debt, or at least make arrangements for its repayment, within a specified period of time. A reasonable period to demand a response by would be 10 days. They should be advised that if they fail to do contact you in order to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to recover the debt. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action.{C}c) If they fail to pay or at least make contact to try and resolve this, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to Once the claim form is completed it will be sent to the debtor and they will have a limited time to defend it. If they are aware legal proceedings have commenced it could also prompt them to reconsider their position and perhaps force them to contact you to try and resolve this. Whatever correspondence is sent, it is always advisable to keep copies and use recorded delivery so that there is proof of delivery and a paper trail. The court may need to refer to these if it gets that far. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Ben Jones and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you