How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Can a local council be made to pay compensation to someone

This answer was rated:

Can a local council be made to pay compensation to someone who has been threatened with violence after one of theire employees spoke to someone outside of work resulting in the the threat being reported to the police and getting a crime/log number.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Was the person convicted? What loss did you suffer please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am the person whos been threatened.

Yes I understand, was the person who threatened you convicted (you reported it to the police) and what loss did you suffer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no police said they will take action if he attacks me. but could i sue the council for the breach of confidentiality and the fact i now watch if the personwho threatened me is next door incase he comes out and does what hes said. It is awful watching for anything to happen when hes about and you want to go out.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.