How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I served notice on a tenant to leave the property on the 17th

This answer was rated:

I served notice on a tenant to leave the property on the 17th October 2015. He did not leave because he has nowhere to go. His housing benefit has been cut in half and no longer covers the rent. I now wish to make a claim for possession of property and have downloaded the form, plus a for for certificate of service. My question is firstly is this time sensitive, in other words do I have to wait for the 17th November and secondly what other forms do I need to support my claim in the County Court.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
No - you can issue this now. You can issue a claim for possession online if you wish:
You need form N5
plus the particulars of claim and N119
But you can do this online.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay in responding, I have been approached by a third party who is the chaps youth representative who needed to talk to me. That is now dealt with. Thank you again for your help, but can I ask exactly what I need to present to court, presumably all the previous papers I served on Tom, plus the N5 and N119 and I would like to know if there is anything else apart from the certificate of service.
Yes that is correct. All those documents.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks and I presume a cheque will be necessary I also seem to think that the court require 2 copies of everything?
Indeed. Cheque for the issue fee and 2 copies of everything.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you